The EU Tech Chamber (EUTECH) Women in Tech (WiT) Alliance webinar on “Investing in Women-Led Businesses for Longer-Term Development” started off with an introductory note and a short overview of the organization.
The event was moderated by Ms. Svetlana Nyameyo, an EUTECH coordinator, who gave a brief overview of today’s topic and a formal introduction of the distinguished panelists.
The panelists for today’s webinar were:
· Ms. Devapriya Khanna, Founder & Director at Connexus Global Ventures,
· Ms. Penny Locaso, Happiness Hacker at HackingHappy.co,
· Ms. Abhilasha Dafria, CEO at Angels Den Funding,
· Ms. Kryza Talavera, Brand Designer & Strategist.
While addressing the webinar, the speakers discussed the challenges that women-led businesses have faced during the pandemic. They highlighted the difficulties that arose due to a lack of funds and support. To overcome these challenges, the panel suggested five core pillars that can support women-led businesses. These five pillars include:
· Mentoring: Women entrepreneurs can benefit from mentorship programs that provide guidance and support in their business ventures.
· Networking: Building a strong network is crucial for women entrepreneurs as it provides them with access to resources, information, and opportunities.
· Funding: Access to funding is one of the most significant challenges that women-led businesses face.
· Partnerships: Collaborations with other businesses can help women entrepreneurs to access new markets and diversify their products and services.
· Shared business services: Shared business services such as accounting, marketing, and legal services can help women-led businesses reduce costs and increase efficiency.
Despite these challenges, women entrepreneurs continue to make significant contributions to the global economy, and there is a growing recognition of the need to support and empower women in business.
We want to thank our experienced speakers for their valuable contribution. Moreover, special thanks to Ms. Svetlana Nyameyo for moderating the webinar and distributing Tree-Certificates to the panelists.
Above all, sincere thanks to all our attendees – your comments, compliments, and questions. Stay tuned for our next WiT Alliance webinar on March 28, 2023, about “Scaling Employment for WiT Through Digital Technology”.